Cosmos Natural Certification And Quality Control
All Taiga Natural products have been awarded the internationally recognized COSMOS Natural signature. COSMOS certification guarantees that our products meet the strict criteria of the COSMOS-standard for natural cosmetics, including our ingredients, packaging, and our ethical and environmentally sustainable production process. These are regularly inspected by Cosmécert, an independent, accredited certification body based in France. Our products are labelled with the Cosmécert and COSMOS Natural logos, trustworthy indicators of ethical and high quality products.
COSMOS-standard AISBL is a non-profit association that sets internationally consistent criteria for certified natural cosmetics. The association was founded by five European certification bodies: BDIH (Germany), Cosmebio (France), Ecocert (France), ICEA (Italy) and The Soil Association (UK). There used to be variation in the certification criteria between these five national bodies, and they decided to collaborate in creating clear and transparent, international criteria for natural cosmetics for the benefit of producers and customers.
Our Commitment to Quality
- Natural ingredients comprise 99-100% of total ingredients in all our products
- The ingredients in our products are minimally processed
- Wild plants are sustainably harvested
- We do not use genetically manipulated ingredients
- Our products are vegan and contain no animal ingredients or animal by-products
- Our products and ingredients are never tested on animals
- Our manufacturing process is environmentally sustainable and partly powered by solar energy
- Our products cause minimal harm to the environment during the manufacturing process, use, and disposal
- Our labelling and marketing provide the consumer with exact and reliable information
- Our packaging is safe, clearly labelled, sustainably produced and recyclable.
Taiga Natural cosmetics are the result of several years of product development by experts in cosmetic product development, biotechnology and consumer safety. TAIGA Natural products are manufactured in Finland with state-of-the-art technology. The consistently high quality of our products is supported by the international ISO 22716 (Cosmetics GMP) and ISO EN 13485 standards, which apply not only to cosmetics but also medical equipment and products. Our environmental management system is based on the international ISO 14001 standard.